When you think of Indianapolis food you probably don’t think of pizza. But stop for a minute and think of the pizza places around you. Indy is lucky to have quite the selection of delicious pie choices. With some local and some specialty chains, we’ve complied a list of our top 10 favorite stops for a slice.
1. Bazbeaux – With a location on Mass Ave and in the Carmel Arts and Design District this is a great spot for when you’re tired of the ordinary pizza. Nothing on their extensive menu is boring and even with tried and true favorites it’s always tempting to try something new.
2. Pizzology Craft Pizza and Pub – Another place with a location on Mass Ave and on the Northside. They truly live by their “pizza with principle” slogan, which you can taste in the ingredients. The atmosphere is Pizzology is always fun. There is no excuse to not start your meal with one of their appetizers or amazing salads.
3. Greek’s Pizzeria – This pizza shop in Zionsville is so reminiscent of the local pizza place we’d go to after sports games. It seems like everyone knows everyone and everyone is happily enjoying their pizza. And breadsticks, seriously you cannot miss their breadsticks.
4. Jockamo Upper Crust Pizza – Jackamos is wonderful when you just want some traditional pizza. It is inexpensive but definitely not lacking in taste. It’s a great choice if you’re ever on the eastside or southside and craving some pizza.
5. Mellow Mushroom – I’ll never forget the elation I felt upon discovering Indianapolis had a Mellow Mushroom. It had been the elusive pizza of vacations for me up until then. Another choice with anything but ordinary pizza.
6. HotBox – HotBox will always be my favorite stop in and grab a slice pizza place. I also love the tootsie rolls in the box when you order delivery.
7. Magoo’s California Pizza– One of the newer additions to the pizza family on the westside with a location in Avon joins an existing location near 38th street. Magoo’s is California style pizza. They offer many more options than just pizza too.
9. Pearl Street Pizzeria – Right in the heart of downtown Pearl Street Pizza is another gem. Featuring a large bar with many craft beers it’s the perfect weekend hangout.
10. MacKenzie River Pizza – A transplant pizza place from out west but still one of our favorites. I don’t think there is a bad choice on their menu. And if you aren’t in the mood for pizza there are pages of other options!
It was a tough choice to stop at just 10. Did we miss any of your favorites?